Underwriter, Employer Programs
Managing Underwriter, Employer Programs
Employer Programs has a unique position in the Employer Stop Loss industry due to its specialized approach to market segmentation and relationship stewardship ideals. The position requires a healthcare insurance professional with superior technical knowledge, perceptive customer-oriented skills, creative thinking and problem solving, strong personal drive and desire to grow / manage share of wallet with producers.
Area of Responsibilities
The following reflect essential functions of the Underwriter role but does not restrict tasks that may be assigned. Management may (re) / assign duties and responsibilities for this job as required.
- True to our Mission and Values help the business unit to achieve its goals for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Working with the Employer team target and deliver sustainable premium growth and profit with producers focused on Employer Stop Loss products.
- Contribute to overall Employer goals; deliver top and bottom line results with specific focus on book growth (quote and bind ratios), account persistency, loss ratio and pipeline activity.
- Work within PartnerRe’s underwriting guidelines, models and Certificate of Authority to develop and deliver within agreed upon timeframe rates, terms and proposals.
- Solicit new and renewal submissions, review underwriting data, perform analysis to determine overall risk, underwrite and price the business.
- Negotiate and bind business through interaction and discussion with production sources on the coverage structure, terms and other parameters of accounts.
- Proactively engage with Claims and Pulse departments to maximize awareness of potential and/or ongoing claim issues, and to bring prospective Pulse solutions to clients.
- Actively participate in development, planning and execution of the Employer Programs business unit strategy and best practices.
- Be market visible; meet in person and build collaborative relationships with production source representatives and teams.
- In conjunction with Business Development, assist with origination and annual review of annual Producer Plans and daily management of client relationships.
- Be aware of and share information related to competitor offerings and pertinent market conditions.
- Set a motivating example for others to follow and be customer-oriented.
- Proactively self-manage all daily activities as required to support PartnerRe’s portfolio management activities.
- Utilize and maintain reports to track and support key personal and producer objectives.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that the Employer Programs unit meets or exceeds all corporate, legal and regulatory requirements and that the processes and procedures are effective and efficient.
- Ability to operate without close supervision in a high volume, high demand unit.
- Sound business acumen enabling understanding across diverse business units and clients.
- Strong business writing skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize, organize, meet deadlines and multi-task to achieve objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S., B.A.) or Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the insurance industry is required, Health insurance preferred but not required.
- Maintain A&H license in resident state.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other programs (e.g., FoxPro) as needed.
- The position requires some business travel.
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.Equal Opportunity Employer
PartnerRe Kansas City
7101 College Boulevard
Overland Park, KS 66210
Phone: +1 913 871 7200
Fax: +1 913 871 7201