We call ourselves "the thinking insurer's reinsurer" because we see ourselves as the professional's professional — and what drives our professionalism is our thoughtful, sober approach to risk assumption. That means understanding the true characteristics of their risk, and the best way to manage it, to the benefit of our clients.
In the business of risk, a sound strategy is essential. At PartnerRe, our five-point strategy guides the Group's direction, from the strategic planning level to daily business decisions.
- We are diversified across products and insurance markets
- We have an appetite for risk provided it helps us deliver superior risk-adjusted returns
- We manage our capital to optimize long-term returns while maintaining an appropriate risk profile
- We create value through superior risk evaluation and intelligent portfolio and relationship management
- We enhance overall returns through our invested assets in the context of a risk framework appropriate for a reinsurance organization
Other businesses manage risks to their business model. For us, managing risk is our business model. Our approach to managing risk starts with an integrated view of our exposure to risk, allowing us to monitor aggregations across the company. Identifying risk drivers, limits, and interdependencies, and having the right systems and processes in place at every level in the organization, enables us to monitor and manage risk more effectively.
The information on this and any other page of the PartnerRe web site is provided
subject to the terms of our User Agreement and Disclaimer which is accessed by
clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
back to top